Sunday, June 21, 2009

think thank - tic tac

Time is running out for me and I have to think of a thesis topic by next month, review for my language exam and come up with a problem sheet (eventually a proposal) in one month's time. I need all the concentration, energy and focus I could muster and do all those things.

So far I've established my field- sociolinguistics. That is where I will get my topic. As to what I have no idea yet. As long as it is about language and society, maybe throw in sex and gender and power play, it is gonna work for me.

As to my language exam in Spanish I haven't reviewed anything yet. Sure I could understand basic Spanish but this calls for at least intermediate level.

I have to do everything by July so that I will have time to write my proposal draft. Urgh. Such is the beauty of a master's degree but I'm still looking forward to earning my Ph.D.

No comments: