Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pauline: Dawning Upon Me

Hmm. It's always the same. For a while I will feel euphoric, so high and so happy. And that is even if I don't get to meet her, to know her. I will feel like I am as light as the feather in the air. But know what? I will again realize it's a futile exercise. That it is poison. That it is only after all infatuation and with that realization comes a crushing weight on my shoulders. Besides, women are all the same. They will go for your looks in the same way that men do. I got none of that. I have no part, therefore in this love chasing thing. I cannot and should not fall in love because romantic love is not meant for the ugly, the short, the pimply. It is only meant for those people who are beautiful.

I may be charming, intelligent and kind but who goes for those qualities anyway? A few of us perhaps. Statistically speaking, it will be hard to meet someone like that. Romantic love is just a figment of my/our imagination. It is more of an evolutionary strategy than anything. You fall "in love" with someone who could assure you that your lineage will continue on to the next generation. Not only will they continue, they will be a good breed as well since you will marry a handsome husband.

No comments: